Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

It has been a while since I last posted, but I have been lurking. I have finally started building the sub that I have been waiting these last two years to create. I am currently building a Rythmik FV15HP for myself, and while I am at it my cousin convinced me to put together a F15HP for him. I am looking forward to the chance to compare the two in person. Boxes are easy, I have done quite a few speaker projects before. I am currently looking for two small details as I have not yet got the drivers and amp on hand.

The Rythmik website lists the 1510 driver having a cutout of 15 5/16 is this tight tolerances or is this comfort fit?

I would rather not go back and sand the hole larger when the driver comes.

I can't seem to make the DIY section of the website work, and so for now I am hoping that someone can give me the amp dimensions and some tips for making a slick cutout for it. Tips???

I am a moderately experienced wood worker with one or two of most tools, bits, and such.

Thanks for the help.

Jkrueger

I know "pictures or it didn't happen". I am leaving on vacation tomorrow and will post a few upon my return next week.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Hi. I checked the Rythmik website, and it states that the cut-out for the 1510 driver is 14 inches. I doubt that the cut-out has to be exact since their newer drivers have a gasket and are flush mounted to the enclosure. :scratch:

I'm not sure about the dimensions for the amp; someone with more experience with DIY will certainly chime-in with more info. I hope that this helps. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts