Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any dissadvantages to a Downfiring Sealed Sub , concerning upper crossover Freq 80-110hz , Integration with mains or anything else ??

Thanks.

·
Registered
578 Posts
My understanding is that there are no disadvantages, and that a good downfiring sealed sub should integrate into your system as well as a good sub of any other configuration would.

Personal experience tells me that my current downfiring sealed subs blend just as well with my system as did my previous front-firing ported sub.

That being said, sealed subs may "sound" slightly different than ported subs, but that's a difference, not a disadvantage...unless you really like the ported sound.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My understanding is that there are no disadvantages, and that a good downfiring sealed sub should integrate into your system as well as a good sub of any other configuration would.

Personal experience tells me that my current downfiring sealed subs blend just as well with my system as did my previous front-firing ported sub.

That being said, sealed subs may "sound" slightly different than ported subs, but that's a difference, not a disadvantage...unless you really like the ported sound.
Nice HT room you have !! Are those the Downfiring Rythmik enclosures you have in second pic ??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts