Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

101 - 120 of 241 Posts

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
I noticed that, but blade ice have the Bl listed as 19.1 on the S4 model, so I was using that figure, basically trusting their figures. I did check the Fi US site as well and they have the same figure stated. Do you reckon they have posted this wrong, should we let them know?

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
There is no X15S4 they are either D2 or D4. Parameters are taken with coils in series, the D2 has a Re of 2.8 ohms and a BL of 14.01, the D4 has a Re of 5.6 ohms and a BL of 19.81. Blade Ice made a mistake with the S4 designation and they should state that the Re shown on their website specs is per coil.

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
The production parameters for the Stereo Integrity HT 15 D2 or D4 and the HT 18 D2 or D4 have changed a bit since the pre production parameters were listed awhile ago. The Xmax has increased from 20 to 23.5mm and the Le has been added. Here are the new files.

Edit: files removed.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Dayton Audio UM12-22 12" Ultimax DVC Subwoofer

Dayton Audio UM10-22 10" Ultimax DVC Subwoofer
I had email between myself and Parts Express tech support Matt P;
http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-subwoofers-general-discussion/63483-dayton-audio-um12-22-12-ultimax-dvc-subwoofer-3.html#post582992

He took his on measurements of the Dayton Audio UM12-22 12" Ultimax DVC Subwoofer, here is the WinISD Pro file I made from those.
Use them knowing it is from measured values.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Saw this new unreleased Mach 5 driver (UXL-18) and plotted in the numbers.

Honestly leaves me thinking its not worth spending twice as much as the IXL-18 for surprisingly similar or worse response?

Edit: Attachment removed as T/S were listed wrong on third party website.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
I dont know where you came up with worse response from. I get 3db advantage of the UXL vs the IXL at 20hz. 5db gain at 30hz and 6db at 40hz for the UXL over the IXL. This is with both boxes at .7Q and wattage to hit Xmax at 10hz. And where did you get your T/S from?

From the website your T/S parameters are off a bit. And the Sd is off by 150cm. So I am confused where this info came from?

·
Registered
2 Posts
From the website your T/S parameters are off a bit. And the Sd is off by 150cm. So I am confused where this info came from?
The values were from infrasonic,com,au
And one of the main things i was implying that the UXL is nearly twice the price for what seems to not be a massive improvement, seems pretty hard to justify from what i can see.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
After chatting with Sam at Infrasonic the T/S for the UXL is still the same as what is on the IST website and not the specs from Infrasonics. SO no need for this new UXL file. Sam had these older specs and Mark posted new ones to his site a while back and did not inform Sam. Thats where the confusions is.

·
Registered
1 Posts
does anyone have a winisd file for Eminence Definimax 4015LF everytime i enter the values it says there is errors. or if someone knows where i can go and download it from i cant seem to find one anywhere thanks in advance

101 - 120 of 241 Posts