Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone seen the "dragonfly" screen sold to dealers through snapav? They are a private label and they don't send out samples. They have a "white" and a "gray" screen. I have located a tab tensioned 84" gray with a .8 gain for 200.00 but I am unsure what to expect (i think it's a month old).

I also found a stewart firehawk "microperf" tab tension 72" for around the same price (little more $$$)...but 72" is a little small as I currently have 88" dalite. On the one hand I would love to try a firehawk but I have to give up 16" diagonal. Plus I am unsure as to how "microperf" will affect the screen "microperf" is with tiny holes to make accoutisally transparent.

My room is 12x18' brown walls white ceiling w/t projector 12' back and ceiling mounted. projector is pany au200x. windows with blinds. all movie no tv mostly at night.

what do you guys think?
:mooooh:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok i ruled ok the stewart 72" is just too small for me...Any thoughts on the dragonfly...i can not find much info or reviews on the net

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had heard of them in the past but never saw any reviews. What are they selling for?
Actually I'm not quite sure...I do have an idea as to what you can buy a month old screen for:bigsmile:
I went ahead a bought this one to see what it was about...I figure I should be able to sell it for what I have in it if it's not for me. I will post some pics and info in a week or so once I have it installed and run a few videos. I have a 88" dalite high power I can compare it too as well as smaller samples from elite and dalite and stewart.

I believe the rub on dragonfly is they only sell through installers and you have to agree not to sell them on the internet in order to rep them. I suppose they are trying to have a product that specialty stores can sell and not compete with ebay and other online and big box retailers. That though makes it hard to get good info on the screen as they do not send samples.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok screen here and up...projector not yet calibrated to the grey screen. 100% sure if you like elite high contrast grey screen you will 100% like "dragonfly" high contrast grey". If you do not care for elite "high contrast grey" you will not like dragonfly high contrast grey. I have elite, dalite, stewart "grey screen type" samples and dragonfly screen color and texture is 100% the same as one of them. I can't think of any other way to say it and not step on toes........:sneeky:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts