Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 60 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I am planning on taking better pictures but waiting on my buddy with his fancy camera and wide angle lens. I just used the wife's iphone to take a quick video.

Matt

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
WOW only one comment. Guess I need better pics... lol :sad:

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Thanks zacjones for your post!! :) I will get some better pictures, hopefully soon.

Matt

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Thanks natlight!!! Be sure to take lots of pictures of your basement build. It is fun watching a build!!!!

Matt

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wow great build! I am jealous to say the least. I have 2 theaters, one is in my bedroom, other is in L-room I want the l-room to bea dedicated theater though. The room is so open and total space is like 24x50 or even longer. l-room dining kitchen laundry roo are all connected. I will make it probably 12x16 or 10x 18 depending n which way I do it. After seeing your room transform I have found new motivation.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Thanks bassman_soundking!! You will love having a dedicated HT! Make sure to take lots of pics!!!!!

Matt

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·

The colors here are pretty accurate.

It's a ghost... :R

Stars

Pop Corn Machine

My Wife and the Pop Corn Machine

HT Overload... :D

Left Side

Right Side

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
The lighting in the room was very hard to photograph. The seats are actully black like the first picture. :bigsmile:
Thanks for the kind words!!!

Matt

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
The ghost picture was shot by opening the shuter 15 seconds and moving from one side of the room to the other.
Thanks, I tried give the room a retro but modern theater feel. I really has a very unique feel when the lights are dimmed.

Matt

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
We were using Nikon's D40 and D50 to shoot the pictures. I really need to borrow a good light kit and flash to get the pictures right. My buddy loves to mess around with open shutter techniques. We tried a 3 ghost effect but needed a bigger flash to pull it off. You open the shutter and then pop the flash when you want to get the ghost effect, so there could of been 6 of me if we had a bigger flash. lol

Matt

·
Registered
285 Posts
Looks great!!

If you want to get the colors right on your photos.. take one picture holding a white card. You can even make it just a business card or something. Since you have a 40d, shoot it in RAW format.

Open the RAW file in adobe RAW, click on the white balance adjust, select custom, and then click on the white card in your photo. Tadah.. instant correct color. BTW, you could even forget about the card and click on anything white in your picture..like the screen and the colors should be accurate. you can increase back lighting and what not to make it look right.

the key thing is good software..I.e. adobe bridge and RAW.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
THANKS bbieger!!!! I will try shooting in RAW and editing it in Photoshop. Do you think it will work in Photoshop or does it only work in the Adobe Bridge?

Matt

·
Registered
261 Posts
I like the starry night effect as well. I saw another build where someone did something similar using some type of fiber optic filaments or something. I think that is a great effect that wont interfere with the movie or add light to the room.

41 - 60 of 83 Posts