Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on a pretty tight budget so im looking at a few manual 16:9 screens. Ive narrowed it down to two.

I'm looking at the Draper Luma 106" Matte White and the Elite M100XWH 100" MaxWhite. The PJ im pretty sure im getting is the new Epson HC 8100 with 1400 lumens. I will be using this system in a partial ambient/controlled light during the day to dark room at night.

Both screens have a gain of around 1.1. My questions are is the Matte and Maxwhite going to be the best screen type and has anyone have any experience with either one of these screens when it comes to durability? Thanks for all your input..

Fwiw, i tried to search first but really couldn't find exactly what i was looking for.

Cheers,
Andy

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
Andy,

I have no experience with the Draper. But if you go with the Elite I'd recommend the CineGray for the ambient light viewing. It will help the blacks stay black and keep the image from looking washed out.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks Mech,
I was wondering that myself, but wondered if it would wash out the brightness during the day. I think i read a review of the CineGray of yours during my search. Thanks again.

EDIT: Just curious, according to Elite, the CineGrey should be used with low contrast ratio PJ's. The Epson is high contrast, should i go with experience from actual consumers?

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
I agree with mech, cinegray is the way to go. Higher contrast is what compensates for ambient light, not brightness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts