1- 5IN ROUND .25 THICK 15INLONG TUBE PORT TUNED TO 28HZ

3.6CUBIC FEET

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SOON AS I CAN GET MY HANDS ON THE SUB AN WOOD AN TERMINALS
I ALSO PLAN TO COAT THE WHOLE THING IN A GOOD THICK LAYER OF duratex paint BLACK
WILL POST MORE WHEN FINISHED

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NO SOFTWARE WITH THE SUB
HAVEN'T EVEN GOT IT YET, BUT AFTER YEARS OF PREBUILT SUBS LIKE POLKAUDIO AN OTHERS NOT GIVEING ME THE BOOM I WANTED I THOUGHT ABOUT TRYING CUSTOM BUILTING MY SUBS
AND HIGH TUNING
I CURRENTLY HAVE CAR SUB BOX RUNNING IN MY HOME THEATHER THAT IS AT 32HZ AN I LOVE HOW IT SOUNDS
SO I WANTED TO LOW THE HZ FOR MY NEXT BUILD A LITTLE AT A TIME THE LENGTH OF PIPE NEED TO HIT 20HZ IS 33.09IN AN WHILE I DONT CARE HOW IT LOOKS IF IT STICKS OUT OF THE TOP OF THE SUB
MY ROOM ACOUSTICS ARE WITH LOW frequencyS AN A FRIEND LET ME USE HIS OLD CUSTOM BOX IT WAS A 4
4 CUBIC BOX TUNED AT 15HZ AN MAYBE IT WAS TO LOW OR TO BIG BUT THE BASS SEEMED NOT TO BE THERE FOR MOVIES OR MUSIC THEN AGAIN COULD BE I DIDN'T HAVE Balanced / Unbalanced Line Level Converter TO GET THE INPUT RIGHT SO I START AT 28HZ AN WORK MY WAY DOWN UNTIL HIT MY SWEET SPOT.

NOT TOO LONG WINDED

BUT THATS WHY 28HZ

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yeh. That's a pretty high tune. I used a 7" diameter port for my 15" cabs. Seems like 5" may be pushing it. But maybe with a tune that high, you won't be moving enough air volume for it to matter. You should run some WinISD modeling to make sure you're getting what you want. I assume this will be for music, not TV/movies, right? Rule of thumb is to tune to ~ Fs, which is 19.5Hz for this driver.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts