Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nifty setup I came across for those of us who prefer TVs instead of projector/screens. Its called Dream Screen and are LEDs you install on the back of your TV that emit whatever light/color is on the screen. It helps break up that contract when watching TV in the dark. I think it makes watching TV a little more immersive. I purchased it last week and am very happy with it. It gives your entertainment system the little extra pop when watching movies. I attached some pics, now be mindful that my camera sucks in low light. The web site is DreamScreenTV.com, check it out!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
It's an interesting concept. Philips released tv's with this built in a few years ago but lost traction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
338 Posts
This gimmick may offer some fun and unique interest for a party atmosphere. However, surrounding a video display with any color other than neutral gray, illuminated by 6500K white light, is unavoidably destructive to perceived image fidelity. This technical article addresses the pertinent details: 'The Importance of Viewing Environment Conditions In A Reference Display System'

Here is a site that offers very good demonstrations of how human color perception can be altered in such a way: https://www.echalk.co.uk/amusements/OpticalIllusions/colourPerception/colourPerception.html

Best regards and beautiful pictures,
Alan Brown, President
CinemaQuest, Inc.
SMPTE, THX, ISF, Lion AV Consultants

"Advancing the art and science of electronic imaging"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts