Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Epic HT Critique thread we just analyzed a Batman themed theater... Willis brought up a really good question. What would your ultimate themed theater room look like? He tossed some good ideas around: inside a submarine... a WWII bunker?

Possibilities are endless... would love to hear some ideas (and details)! :))

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a lot of different potential themes bouncing around my head. One has me thinking a room that conveys the mysterious...spooky... character of a dark / light controlled home theater with hints of horror.

Perhaps the inside of an aged barn or slaughter house? The walls could be made of reclaimed barn wood... old rusty tools hanging on the backend of the room interspersed with old wooden crates staked to hide the projector. You could give your speakers a really cool professional paint job that made them look dilapidated or even blood splattered (?). Over the head lighting could be old rusty metal lights...

Lots of imagery to pull from!

Maybe the arrival of October...leaves are changing... has my head going in that direction.

It certainly would be unique!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I'm kinda of a Sci-Fi nut, I could see my screen being the main viewer in like a Star Trek bridge environment.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I'm kinda of a Sci-Fi nut, I could see my screen being the main viewer in like a Star Trek bridge environment.

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
Todd, I love your creepy ideas! I can see Jason Vorhees crashing through the walls of your barn house theater!
I keep going through my favorite movies, and which movie sets I think would translate into a cool room. It seems like no end to ideas. How bout Optimus prime looking in from the ceiling, or the green mile with a row of "sparkies" for seating. Or a "300"
Theme, and instead of stacked stone like many homes, how about the mountain of skulls for wall treatments? Pretty much any movie in my collection could have a themed room built around it, to at least the level of the batcave room. The idea I keep going back to is the castle de count dragul. I can see brick columned speakers(maybe stacked stone or field stone with custom stone grill cloth etc) I'd really like to have the creepy crawling shadows randomly incorporated. Not too detailed on paper but in my mind...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Given the money I would probably try to create optical illusion murals on all walls, floor and ceiling that has the effect of making it seem like you are floating in space

That's a cool idea.... it would give you a true sense of spaciousness. Ultimately minimalist?

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Todd, I love your creepy ideas! I can see Jason Vorhees crashing through the walls of your barn house theater!
I keep going through my favorite movies, and which movie sets I think would translate into a cool room. It seems like no end to ideas. How bout Optimus prime looking in from the ceiling, or the green mile with a row of "sparkies" for seating. Or a "300"
Theme, and instead of stacked stone like many homes, how about the mountain of skulls for wall treatments? Pretty much any movie in my collection could have a themed room built around it, to at least the level of the batcave room. The idea I keep going back to is the castle de count dragul. I can see brick columned speakers(maybe stacked stone or field stone with custom stone grill cloth etc) I'd really like to have the creepy crawling shadows randomly incorporated. Not too detailed on paper but in my mind...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

300!

Rear wall lined with a wall of spears that act as diffusion! ;-)

·
Banned
4,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well that might be an issue. ;-)

You know what would be neat? The entry way into to your room would have a vortex/spinning tunnel with a suspended walkway.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts