Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scored a behringer ep2500 amp and want to build a powerful sub for my HT. I currently have a svs 12nsd that I would like to either combine it with or sell if my diy sounds as good.
I want to build a ported design and the tube subs look pretty easy but not sure how easy porting them would be.

I like the price of the 15" titanic but really don't know what else is out there. My ht is around 2000 cubic feet with plenty of accoustic treatments.

Thanks a bunch!!9
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Exactly.

What is your budget and secondly what is the maximum size that the sub or subs can be? Can you accomodate 2 subs?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Budget wise I would like to keep it under $400. $300 would be better but I lnow how this sort of thing works. The 2500 has plenty of power so I though perhaps dual 12's might be better? I'm not really limited size wise although it going behind my AT projector screen so it can't be more then around 20" on any side let's say max size is 10 cubic feet. Long narrow box with two drivers?
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like the exodus audio tempest x2. Seems to be a great driver at the price.

With the behringer I could possibly drive two of them but I'm thinking that would be overkill. (i know i know, there is not such thing as bass overkill).

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well, after many hours spent browsing here and AVS about which sub to build, I think I really caught the bug about building a THT or tuba sub using the plans that michael fakfsanfjsndj or whtever (sorry) is selling. It appears from many on that other forum, that they have been getting fantastic and very powerful subs from run fo the mill woofers (dayton DVC) and low power amps.

But, as I know little about these kinds of subs, thought I would put it out there and see if anyone had any comments.

·
Registered
511 Posts
But, as I know little about these kinds of subs, thought I would put it out there and see if anyone had any comments.
I'm waiting for SteveC to reply. :devil:

I like horns, I've been using horns for years. But I instead jumped into the deep end of swept volume with the Maelstrom-X 21" driver.

·
Registered
272 Posts
An option for you could be the eD 13Av.2 fro elemental designs. It is heavy duty high excursion-low distortion piece of hardware with lots of technologies in it. :hsd:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts