Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I read this somewhere, but I just can't seem to find it. What's the general "rule of thump" on how far the round vent is to be from the driver?

Thanks!
Tom

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Do you mean on the front baffle, or internally?

Internally - I've always read that the clearance between the port and rear - should be at least the diameter of the port. And you don't want the port internally being close to the rear of the driver.

In terms of on the baffle, I'm not sure that I've read a recommendation. Some subs have the port right up against the driver.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks; I did mean on the front of the baffle, although it's good to learn about the rear of the tube clearance. I thought I read that the port should be some multiple of the port diameter away from the driver, or something like that; I just can't remember exactly.

Tom

·
Registered
252 Posts
Thanks; I did mean on the front of the baffle, although it's good to learn about the rear of the tube clearance. I thought I read that the port should be some multiple of the port diameter away from the driver, or something like that; I just can't remember exactly.

Tom
As long as they don't mechanically interfere with each other, there is no requirement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts