Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if I need the DSP version of the iNUKE NU1000? I can get the non-DSP version for $95 shipped w/ 3 year warranty. I don't think I can get the DSP version that cheap.

So I have a Yamaha HTR-5960 which has LFE for subwoofer out and the crossover is currently set at 80hz for my single Dayton RSS315HO-44 12". I'm wondering/hoping if the equalizer on my Yamaha will not require the DSP version? I'm a noob when it comes to power amps and DSPs.

The iNUKE will be powering my Two Dayton Audio RSS315HO-44 12"s which will be in sealed chambers seeing 0.959cuft. each. However, going ported is always an option in the future.

So do I need the DSP version and why?

·
1,664 Posts
That would depend on how many frequencies you needed EQ'd in the <80hz range for your sub(s) in your room.
Not sure how many frequency bands the Yamaha has specific to say 20-80hz, your "sub" range. Maybe one or two?
The DSP iNUKE appears to have 8 bands of EQ, which can be used in that narrow range....if needed.
You would be the best one to know that specific need.:smile:

·
Super Moderator
1,921 Posts
A big advantage with your sealed subs and the inuke DSP would be the ability to run a low shelf filter (LS12) to boost up below 30-40 Hz where the response of the sealed sub naturally drops off, basically the same as a Linkwitz Transform.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts