Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on designing another enclosure which will consist of dual 12" subs and dual PR's. after a lot of modeling I'm showing a really flat response from around 20hz to 32hz. Not having really worked with having to fix a response like this what suggestion would you have the response is low about 8db at 20hz and drops down to only about 3db at 32hz. If an eq inline will help let me know what suggestions you may have. I haven't been building long but this is a pretty flat curve that I want to be able to work out before I begin the build I don't believe it's a big deal to fix but need a little help thanks!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saved the screenshot in Microsoft paint and as a Jpeg but can't remember how to attach it over. Man my memory is ah.... Going?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have started the project with a a change of going a single 12 with dual 12 pr. Still cant upload. Went to advanced and paperclip. Get popup that says upload the url but cant get anything in there suggestions? Can upload to other places with no problem so let me know what i am doing wrong. Want to post some progress pics.
thanks,

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are some pics to were i have gotten it is .75mdf. Each baffle is doubled up to 1.5" You can see my crude circle guide. Was not going to spend 60 for one so cut this out in a couple minutes and it works great. Not pretty but does the job. This will be a single 12" sub with dual 12" PR. Enclosure dimensions are 17.5 x 19.25. Have to do a little sanding and some bondo work for the screw areas. Then will try to pick out what type veneer. Any ideas on that. I am looking at 10mm paperpack but haven't worked with it before so any ideas is appreciated.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
here is the cabinet without the veneer. The item is tuned to 16hz. I am very pleased with the sound. this item is in the kids game room.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts