Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Looks fine. A bit excessive down low. I suspect the subs are corner loaded. If so, you might move them from the corner somewhat to tame the ramping up at 15Hz..

brucek

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks fine. A bit excessive down low. I suspect the subs are corner loaded. If so, you might move them from the corner somewhat to tame the ramping up at 15Hz..

brucek

I just ordered a BEHRINGER DSP1124P will this help me out?

·
Registered
7,514 Posts
Well, the Behringers lowest filter capability is 20Hz. It extends lower than that of course, so should certainly help out.

I suspect you have your sub(s) in a corner?

brucek

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Well, the Behringers lowest filter capability is 20Hz. It extends lower than that of course, so should certainly help out.

I suspect you have your sub(s) in a corner?

brucek
Yes I do but, this is the only option I have is to put them in a corner. It extends lower then 20hz but you can not apply any filters lower than 20hz? Looking at my graph where do you think I need to apply the filters to?

·
Premium Member
134 Posts
Yes I do but, this is the only option I have is to put them in a corner. It extends lower then 20hz but you can not apply any filters lower than 20hz? Looking at my graph where do you think I need to apply the filters to?
Try turning down the gain on your 2 33Ts (matched) so they combined measure about 75db againest your mains. That should put you closer to the output of the MBMs.

You might consider pulling them out of the corner just a couple of inches too.

I had 2 MBMs and 33T and was happiest with just the 33T in front corner.

Ended up selling them all and going to a SVS PB13 Ultra. The SVS has 1 EQ filter and now have that working for me and have removed the BFD.:hsd:

All is good now, still missed some of the mid bass punch but a pair of Vintage Polk Monitor 12s took care of that. :yay:

I have come to conclusion that MBMs did not work for me and my mains were keeping me from mid bass punch.
With MBMs requiring my 33T XO be set at 45-50HZ I was missing some of the best bass from the 33T.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts