Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently using ED LT/1300 power... Its good but I'm looking for a bit more power.

I've already pulled the trigger on dual XTI-4000's, they're in shipping transit as I speak...
Each SDX-15 will get a bridged amp. :dizzy:

I'm just looking for feedback from current XTI owners:

Do you like them?
Does it have enough power?
How loud are the fans?

FYI:
The main reason I choose them (other than power output), was the USB PC software features...

Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
19" cube sealed.

I'm not looking for any more SPL, it already gives enough "as is"; just looking for a bit more headroom.
The 1300 seams to run out of gas when excursion goes beyond 1" ~30mm, the SDX seems VERY power hungry in the 50hz region (even in free-air); peaks > 800watts by my calculations...

The clip indicator on the Pro amps would be very handy to see where I'm at.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I did a test comparing the XTI and the XLS and I like the XLS series MUCH better. The thread is here. I felt like the XTI has a steep roll off in the low-end.

Matt

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an XTI-2000 that is currently 5 feet from where I sit and the fans are dead silent. After some extreme music listening and you turn the system down you can notice the fans but then the amp cools down pretty quick.

Todd

·
Registered
39 Posts
I own an XTI2000 that I'm using to run a pair of 12" TC1000s. Sounds great to me and the built in parametric is pretty handy. I have read though that the low freq power output suffers significantly when the amp is presented with more difficult loads (say even 4 Ohm loads). This observation was made with an XTI1000. Not sure if it would hold true for the larger versions.
Allan

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I have read though that the low freq power output suffers significantly when the amp is presented with more difficult loads (say even 4 Ohm loads).
I can tell you first hand that low end does suffer when running a 4 ohm load. :( Even when using a bass boast at 20hz the low end suffered.

Matt

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The amps came, been using them for two days now.
I can't speak for the 1000 or 2000 but the 4000's (bridged @ 4) are better than the LT/1300.

In particular the 40-80hz band where the SDX-15 likes loads of smooth power.

Under 30hz it was a bit weak, had to boost that by ~7db and then it was just enough to keep the driver from bottoming out during loud techno-bass music.

From the clamp meter on the wall (~122volts) I see a power consumption of 1-2 amps continously and peaks of 4-6amps during heavy low bass <30hz, which translates to 480-730watts... which is double the power consumption I saw with the LT/1300 (typically).

The xti-6000 would be ideal, if it could only run on 15amps!

The fan is not loud, about as loud as my projector ~33db.

The LT/1300 would get quite warm after extended use, the xti stays cool.

When playing loud I was able to clip the LT/1300 in some cases, the xti never goes above -6db it appears.

·
Registered
132 Posts
The amps came, been using them for two days now.
I can't speak for the 1000 or 2000 but the 4000's (bridged @ 4) are better than the LT/1300.

In particular the 40-80hz band where the SDX-15 likes loads of smooth power.

Under 30hz it was a bit weak, had to boost that by ~7db and then it was just enough to keep the driver from bottoming out during loud techno-bass music.

From the clamp meter on the wall (~122volts) I see a power consumption of 1-2 amps continously and peaks of 4-6amps during heavy low bass <30hz, which translates to 480-730watts... which is double the power consumption I saw with the LT/1300 (typically).

The xti-6000 would be ideal, if it could only run on 15amps!

The fan is not loud, about as loud as my projector ~33db.

The LT/1300 would get quite warm after extended use, the xti stays cool.

When playing loud I was able to clip the LT/1300 in some cases, the xti never goes above -6db it appears.
1300 watts vs 3200X2 watts hope so:bigsmile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts