Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
This build and the LAB12 build you guys have going on are amazing :T I'm really looking forward to seeing the aluminum inserts installed and the final product!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks! Have alot to try when I can hook them up at home probably this weekend. The paintjob can wait a little while :)
Found an Onkyo TX-NR 3007 really cheap because of the known heat issues with the hdmi card made som fan mods and hope it will work. Really want to try the Audyssey dual subwoofer calibration and also calibrate my new HT surround bought the MK S-150THX (not new either) replacing my old small MK speakers.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Thanks! Have alot to try when I can hook them up at home probably this weekend. The paintjob can wait a little while :)
Found an Onkyo TX-NR 3007 really cheap because of the known heat issues with the hdmi card made som fan mods and hope it will work. Really want to try the Audyssey dual subwoofer calibration and also calibrate my new HT surround bought the MK S-150THX (not new either) replacing my old small MK speakers.
Cool! Looking forward to your impressions. Beautiful work! You have a lot packed in those enclosures.:clap:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #27 (Edited)
Now it´s bedtime need to save my energy for the big day tomorrow.

Got a request and couldn´t keep my hands away from Solidworks here is what I came up with.
Dual 12" drivers I would prefer SDX12 or maybe TC Sounds LMS-R 12 or the Epic 12
He wanted a design that looked like his Audio Physic Reference center.
The cabinet in the picture is 113liter empty I would suggest 130-160liters

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,283 Posts
Skill + Proper Tools = Amazing

Some of you people really make me upset. But I mean that in a good way... :D

·
Registered
303 Posts
that is just sick. Time to start an ID company... :D

·
Registered
683 Posts
that is just sick. Time to start an ID company... :D
No kidding! Great tools and knowhow + a unique and really cool looking design + good documentation/"customer-service" skills = that would be a cool ID company!

I am ready to see those Al panels on there!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
Patience, in time all the pieces will come togheter :rolleyes: tonight I came one step closer but time rush away and it was too late for a real listening session. Did I mention I live in an apartment :) I think about them sometimes... I probably have the best neighbours in this neighbourhood.

Nearfield measure green line all vents open tuning seems to be close to 21-22hz (nearfield only shows the driver and doesn´t add the port gain or room gain)
Yellow one port blocked
Purple two ports blocked
Blue all ports blocked with towels not the real seal plate.

WinISD simulation with 21hz tuning and blocking of 1 or 2 vents the picture below the first is with added temp from 20degrees celsiuis to 90degress.

Picked out one 380ohms first but that was to much for impedance measurement had to add one more in parallel.

First time doing this kind of measurements but I wanted to be sure I got the tuning right before gluing the backside on.
With only one 380ohm resistance... it took alot of the voltage and left non to move the driver into any dB

Anothere with two 380ohms in parallel now I got some sound pressure when doing the sinus tones.
Blue line voltage drop on resistance red voltage at det subwoofer connectors.

Sweetspot measure have som trouble with 48hz. Green line all vents open, blue one vent blocked.

3 point room measure same as above with the vents.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Lining the cabinet actually added some bottom end I only hoped for better heat displacement.

Compare the yellow line with the purple just above that is the difference and I will add about twice the amount filling when I´m done.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Yes I know :) My Onkyo 3007 has two sub-outs and seperate Audyssey calibration on those. After Calibration the right subwoofer was set to -5.5dB compared to the othere.

But I should have done the measurements above with that in mind but I didn´t see it until afterwards after Audyssey. When I have time for a listening session I will make some new measurements.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Thanks for the heads up! :)

The last picture also is nearfield with one subwoofer placed almost in the middle of the room the two lines above are in front of the ports instead.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Very happy with first impressions! clean output and heavy sound and more to come when they are played 20-30hours.

Bringing them back to the workshop tomorrow for final finish and paintjob.

I maybe did a little blooper when doing audyssey calibration I forgot a t-shirt in one of the subwoofers ports so wrong tuning there. And maybe one click louder on the right channel a bit uncertain because of some adjustments afterwards.

21 - 40 of 71 Posts