Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Thanks!

We had a good time and it was a one really late night went to bed 04:30 :D

My friend have the QLN Artec 1600 speakers teamed up with Mclaren stereo amp and TC Sounds LMS 4000 12" in the two cabinets I built for him. Amazing frontspeakers and insane subwoofer Fs 15.6hz and in 180liter cabinets tuned to 13-14hz they just move air like no othere 12" subwoofer.

It was hard to play my SDX12 subs because there was no room the place them very good put them on top of the LMS subs. The SDX12 driver wanted a huge amount of power from the inuke 6000 to reach into any proper dB something was not right. Going to borrow a T.amp TA2400 and see what happens.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Thanks!

Still have very little play time but they sound better each time :) I know I have issues playing really low notes in our living room and one huge node at 48hz but it is the best subwoofers I have ever owned yet :D

Still curious about powering them with another amp, have borrowed a Reloop RA-1500 Pro but 480rms/channel was on the small side. I think I´ll have to stick with the inuke for a while power was not an issue with the inuke I was just suprised when the limiter came on so soon even with 1000rms. Maybe inuke has trouble powering below 20hz and I don´t want to up the limiter power above 1000rms.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Will try a steeper subsonic filter and see what happens due to my listening room gains from that may be better.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I have Audyssey XT with dual bass management did the calibration with all ports open and measured my room after that the purple line is with one port sealed.

·
Registered
49 Posts
What type of fabric did you use for the grills and where did you purchase it? Fantastic work and super execution. If you don't mind and have the information what was your total cost per unit?

Thanks

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I bought the fabric here
http://www.hifikit.se/tillbehor/galler-frontskydd/hogtalartyg

this shop also has something similar
http://www.europe-audio.com/Producten_c.asp?Productgroep_B_ID=157&Productgroep_A_ID=9

I did put costs and everything togheter in an excel sheet sadly my system SSD crashed some days ago so I´m using my old laptop again. I think material costs was about $600 for each subwoofer including the driver. Not so accurate costs since me and my friend helped each othere out and had machine costs, paintjob, and much more played out by splitting hours.

My friends dual LAB12 subwoofers was about $200-210 cheaper each.
http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/ported-subwoofer-build-projects/68932-dual-eminence-lab12-ported-sealed.html

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Thanks Mr.Administrator :D Thanks to all the othere compliments to :)

For dedicated HT room I would never used white paintjob but now I had some restrictions from my wife. :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Thank you CSS and Merry Christmas to you all!
My SDX12 grows in sound every day and I´m very pleased, saw How to train your dragon the othere day and the sound was massive :hsd:
But I can´t say that I´m not tempted to buy anothere promo kit :daydream:. Four SDX12 would move som serious amount of air and then the sealed option would be prior with som LT.

·
HTS Moderator , Reviewer
3,287 Posts
So when are you starting the company Vendel Sound Systems? :D Owning a VSS subwoofer has a nice ring to it, wouldn't you say?

41 - 60 of 71 Posts