Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pondering 2 M-x's in a ~10 ft^3 sealed enclosure. :hsd:
The other option would be a single drive in a ported box or with 2 PRs.
Is there a down side to dual drivers in a single enclosure other than cost?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
No... just cost and size. It limits you a little in terms of driver layout and what look you want to achieve. But no, two drivers per box mounted opposing has the advantage of canceling some vibration and as long as you can live with the box size, has no downside.

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio
www.diycable.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No... just cost and size. It limits you a little in terms of driver layout and what look you want to achieve. But no, two drivers per box mounted opposing has the advantage of canceling some vibration and as long as you can live with the box size, has no downside.

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio
What's the best way of wiring them: the VCs in series and the drivers in parallel, or the VCs in parallel and the drivers in series, or it doesn't matter?

SM

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The new ones are single 4-ohm coils. Just use one per channel of the EP2500.

A pair of the EP2500s would not be overkill.

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio
To verify: You mean each driver gets it's own channel, or run a pair of EP2500s bridged with each driver getting it's own amp.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Either way works, obviously you get a lot more power with two amps. ;-) You may want to try it with the one you have and see where you are at. If you don't clip it and you are happy with the output, then there is no reason to buy a second.

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio
www.diycable.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I plan to have two duals up front near the corners and two singles on in each of the sidewalls. I have a total of 4 EP2500s. The room is 6000 cf. I doubt I'll need to run them very hard. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I plan to have two duals up front near the corners and two singles on in each of the sidewalls. I have a total of 4 EP2500s. The room is 6000 cf. I doubt I'll need to run them very hard. :bigsmile:
:eek:utstanding:

Wow... you will have plenty of output. If you equalize you could still clip an amp. It doesn't take long with EQ to suck the power right out of an amp.

Kevin Haskins
Exodus Audio
www.diycable.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts