Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Ya yes. I forgot about this picture. Seemed to be getting a few sub builds confused lately.:scratch:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Testing, testing, 1 2 3. Well so far I found a tiny leak. Not sure how that happened, but not a big deal either, it's really small. In other news, this thing is definitely at or near 300lbs. I also found out that using the AB 800.2 is like trying to power a C5 with the engine from the Toyota Prius. It went directly into clipping at -15 during Real Steel. Flight of the Phoenix -20 was about as high as I dared to go. This thing needs 2400 watts per driver minimum to avoid clipping it would seem. I actually turned off two of the other subs because they were squealing for mercy, and I mean squealing. The Outlaw was making awful port noise and the Source Tech with passive radiator was not happy. Possibly bottoming out. The dual opposed and the the large sealed with the Pierce Audio driver weren't even breaking a sweat, and as far as I can tell the other Source Tech sub was trying to keep up without anything bad happening.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Time for some real power now for those subs. :devil:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Time for some real power now for those subs. :devil:
Yea, hopefully I'll be able to do that sometime soon. It'll have to do for now since I have about 5 other projects to finish before I can get any time to do any more work on the subs. I still need to hang my heights/wides whatever they're going to end up as and build myself a new computer desk (smaller one) since the GF has demanded I clear some space in the living of all my . :gulp::D

21 - 25 of 25 Posts