Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just added a second 15" sealed Rythmik sub to my setup! I just got done running some REW sweeps and here are the results.

The green line is the sweep ran through my Parasound 2100 preamp with HT bypass (L&R mains playing)
The red line is sweeps taken through my Yamaha receiver (L&R mains playing)
1/12 smoothing

For whatever reason I cannot get rid of that huge 120hz dip on the 2100, thoughts? I tried messing with the preamps sub XO with not much luck, it only got worse. The 2100 has the mains crossed over at 80hz with the sub XO around 90hz. The yamahas response is very good in my opinion. The yamaha has the mains crossed at 100hz which gave me a much flatter response around the XO point.

The duals so far smoothed out my room a bit (not as much as I had hoped). I did get away with only using one EQ setting on my BFD compared to 4 before. The sheer amount of extra output and impact was a pleasant surprice! I had my sights set on just a bit more headroom, but I gained alot there and things sound awesome so far!

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On a related note,
What do you guys suggest in this situation?

So I EQ'ed both Rythmiks (dual 15's) and ended up leaving both subs with phase set at 0 and was happy with the results(flat in room response etc). I was reading that in order to set phase on multiple subs you should run a test tone at the XO frequency and adjust the phase on each sub individually to achieve the max output. This is all fine and dandy but the problem is I run a preamp and receiver and in my setup the XO in my 2100 preamp is 80hz and my yamaha receiver is 100hz?

Thoughts? I obviously get varying results trying the phase settings between each piece of gear, so its virtually impossible to set them both perfectly. Both subs are equidistance from my seat.

Do I just leave them set at 0 or what? This turned out to be more work than I thought…yikes..

Thanks,
Brandon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts