Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I haven't had any time to take any measurements or do any EQ to the subwoofer. I have been much to busy with a course I'm on as well as other projects that require what time I do have, such as the end tables I'm building for my wife which will take the place previously taken up by my two sonosubs. The sub sounds great though. The one issue I've run into on one frequency response sweep I did is that the back panel of my LCD seems to have a resonance at around 40 Hz and it vibrates against something in the TV that it isn't rigidly attached to. I haven't had any issues with it watching any movies or playing video games, but it's something I want to take care of.

Anyway, I'm really happy with these drivers and the slot port has enough area that I can notice much less air flow compared with the 6" ports in the sonosubs I had.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Happy to resurrect this thread :)

I also have two SDX-15s that have been sitting, new in their boxes, for the last two years.
During that interim, I have gone around and around on the various alignments that I could/should build.
Of the different enclosures I have read about or modeled, this seems like one of the best!
Could you please post your updated thoughts and impressions after living with this sbwoofer for 2 years...
Many thanks.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.