Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off i have some questions, i can get 18" sonotube. I have two shiva-x drivers i'd like to put in the same enclosure, or i can build two if i really need to. So please lemme know how many cubic feet would be best. then i'll start building :) Gonna be powering it with an ep2500.

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Basically, the larger the volume, the deeper it will play. Have you looked at the DIY manufacturer applications? It has the recommended enclosure volumes-they apply to sono builds too. You can use the enclosure calculators link above to get a good estimate for the needed length of the tube for a single driver; simply double the length if you want to place two in a lone tube at each end. You should be able to build a fine sub using the 18" tubing, and you'll be happy with the ep2500.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Kevin provides a pdf that lists how much room is suggested for various applications: http://www.diycable.com/main/pdf/shiva_app.pdf

Sealed ranges from 2 cf up to 3.2 cf per driver so a max of 6.4 cf with stuffing would be needed for two sealed. Yes you can put them both in the same enclosure make one up firing and the other down firing. Not counting end caps and base stand an 18" sonotube 44" long gives you 6.4 cf.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts