Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I picked up the primer for it today. Still need to do one more final power sand on it thought. Then prime and I am going with black but undecided on just black paint or duratex.

·
Registered
375 Posts
That primer looks like it did a good job covering. Are you happy with the primer? I ask because we are always/still looking for a good high-build primer that actually covers like they claim it does.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I think it did a good job. Even though I feel the sides are flat/even as I could get them sanding I can still see the joints. I may put a few more coats on before final paint. I used Zinsser 1-gal. White PrimeCoat 2 Water Interior Primer and Sealer and had them add gray tint to it.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
There are a few small flaws in my painting with duratex but nothing major. I think part of it was I started off with a smaller roller as I wanted more control(3") but finished the last coat with 6" which worked fine.

Both boxes are put together and tested off old amp just a check - does it work? and yes both of them are working. They make my current 12" look small. Need to take more pics probably tonight or tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
5,869 Posts
Well the finish looks great to me in the pics.:T

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Thanks

No tweaking yet. Listened to some tunes and now the boys are watching Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole .

21 - 33 of 33 Posts