Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Definitely. :) This will be my first true box build since way back in high school so I'll probably be asking questions along the way. ;)

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Compromise #1

It seems that I can't buy 8" PVC at the Home Depot or Lowes, so I'll have to use 4x4" vents.

The other thing I could do is to build a slot port, but I'd need design assistance for that.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
With the way I want to design my box, a single 8" port will need a bend; I want both the subs and the port to be forward-firing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
After I first unpacked and dialed in my SVS-PB2000, I started up Tron Legacy and skipped to the light cycle battle. I had watched this scene plenty of times to test out other cheaper subs like my Onkyo SKW-580, Polk PSW505 and Klipsch sub-12hg. This time I actually felt the bass. The Klipsch was great at getting pretty low but the SVS was like a shockwave pounding you in the chest. This was all confirmed by my wife who ran into the theater yelling at me about how it sounded like a bunch of tanks were rolling down the street. Next on the list is the SVS PB-4000.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts