Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I am hoping you can help. My 1 year old somehow got hold of the remote control for this unit while watching a DVD. We are now unable to use any buttons! When we press anything we get the message "Audio Sync" in the bottom left hand corner of the display. The DVD plays as normal but we are quite literally unable to use the remote - even the power button results in this message. Pressing up and down on the volume control button results in the machine cycling through what I presume to be the two sound settings (5.1 etc) but this is all we can do. We can't even eject or change the volume!

I have had a look in the instruction manual and online and can find no solution to our problem. We have turned the unit off and on again, switched it off at the mains but nothing has worked.

Are you able to help us please? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
First, make sure no buttons are stuck down on the remote. You could try removing and replacing the batteries. Was anything spilled on the remote ? (drool counts, too). Most electronics failures occur where the operator interfaces with the unit. Remotes are notorious becasue they are handled with hands that are also eating chips, popcorn, etc. as well as being dropped and sat on. That said, I've fixed a lot of remotes with disassembly and cleaning with 98% isopropyl alcohol.

torceador

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I don't know what did it but we replaced the batteries, gave the remote a good scrub (and yes, it was probably drooled on :rofl: ) and left the whole thing switched off at the mains for 24hrs and that seems to have done it.

I have absolutely no idea what she did as anything to do with 'Audio Sync' in the instruction manuals (and my frantic Googling) was all about lip sync, but I was literally frozen out of the unit. Very odd.

Thank you very much for your replies. I don't think we'll ever know what she pressed or how we resolved it but at least we can watch TV now! :R

1 - 4 of 4 Posts