Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 557 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Staff can request DVD reviews here. Wayde will be the review team captain and have first option at reviews. He generally only does a couple of reviews per month, so this should be a problem.

Please be humble in selecting which DVD's you will review that have been requested for reviews. In other words, we want everyone to have a fair shake at reviewing new releases... don't hog them all, if you know what I mean.

If someone has a system of selecting who will do what reviews, I am all ears. The main thing is preventing duplicate reviews. While it is not always a bad thing to have two reviews, its just not what we prefer, it quite possibly means another movie gets left out of the review loop.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Max Payne is one I would like to see reviewed and Wayde has laid claim to it. :T

What about The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor... anyone want to give it a spin? I thought this was a movie with some interesting special effects, although I did not enjoy it as well as the first two.

Appaloosa is one I have on the table to watch this weekend. It is not very often we get a western and this one looks like it will be pretty good. I would welcome a review of it.

·
Premium Member
89 Posts
I'll also try to get a review out for Pineapple Express, unless you have objections to that movie, Sonnie?

Oh, and I'll leave the new Mummy to Alissa <loosens neck of shirt anxiously>...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I fear i couldn't do the mummy justice given i haven't seen the first two...not to mention my extreme bias against Brendan Fraser.

I'll leave it on the table for Mummy trilogy die hards.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mirrors should be fine as well as Pineapple Express.

I may not watch either... not into horror that much and PE didn't look interesting enough for me. Of course the review might change my mind.

Just always remember to be very careful with the images we use... always choose clean images with people fully clothed... unless its something like Hulk. :whistling:

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
It also shows up in it's own right in a number of Lucas films, couple examples:
John Milner's license plate THX-1138 - American Graffiti
Prisoner transfer from cell block 1138 - Star Wars
Indiana Jone's fight around the airplane, number on the wing of the plane is THX-1138 - Raiders of the Lost Ark

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I plan to write the review for Boggieman3 yet, just not got around to the special features. I now have Nick&Norahs infinite playlist, Madagascar2 (which I also plan to review), Lakeview Terrace, and City of Ember.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Things went rather hectic having to replace a projector and sometimes I am finding it difficult to always get to the special features before someone has taken the movie back. Sorry about not having reviews.

Are there any opinions on what is good to review right now? I might just take what ever I get and try and get a review for it this weekend, of course first checking nobody else plans to do it.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bolt, which will be released on Sunday, looks kinda cool to me. :huh:

Actually the BD will be released Sunday... the SD-DVD will be released Tuesday.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Of course Quantum of Solace will be released Tuesday... I know someone will want to do that one. :whistling:

1 - 20 of 557 Posts