Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to transfer movies which I saved on my Motorola dvr to my computers external hard drive, I purchased a long usb cord and hooked it up to from computer to dvr, then downloaded Debut video capture device. Upon playing the movie I was trying to record and pressing "record" on the capture software the computer didnt recognize anything. My question is, is there some hardware I should be buying and installing on my computer to complete the download.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tried it, same thing only worse, when I take the dvr away from tv I lose control of tv, unless I go out and pay $100.00 for 30 ft. of component cables.

·
Premium Member
19,397 Posts
The USB port on the DCT6400 may or may not be activated depending on what services Cogeco provides.

Thier user guide for the DCT6400 states:

Do not attempt to connect data devices ( USB) without contacting your serviceprovider. Advanced data features require theproper application and network infrastructure to operate.

You need to contact Cogeco Technical Support at 1-855-887-7774 and ask if what you are trying to do is possible with their PVR.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts