Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing some listening to some speakers,I am now at a standstill and do not know which ones to pick. First I listened to a system that had the Dynaudio Focus 220,220C and had the Contour SR for surrounds. Then I had the opportunity to take a listen to the PSB Synchrony One,Synchrony One C, and Synchrony S Surrounds. Both systens sounded fantastic. I just upgraded my receiver to the Arcam AVR 600 and I have the SVS SB-12 Plus sub. If this was your system and you had to make a choice, which one would you pick?

·
Registered
704 Posts
I can't answer your question as I've not heard both systems like you have. If they both sounded great to you, then the choice probably comes down to money. If one is more affordable, buy it... then you'd have a few extra bucks for Blu Ray discs! :)

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Is there any way you can bring them home for a trial in house? The acoustics of the room are going to have a huge impact on the overall sound of the system.

That being said, both are brands that I've always thought well of. I've heard the Dynaudio's and REALLY liked them a LOT. I haven't had a listed to the PSB's though. Given that, I really like the typically neutral sound of Dynaudio speakers, so I'd vote for them simply on the reputation.

In the end, I'm going to be wickedly jealous of whatever you choose to buy. :crying:

JCD

·
Registered
11 Posts
+1 for the Danes. Lovely speakers. I bought the Focus 140's on the weekend and am VERY pleased. Paired up with my Simaudio Moon i3.3 I am in heaven.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll see if I can demo the systems in my home. I can get the PSB system that I demo'd for about $5500.
Once I make my decision and get everything hooked up, I'll take some pics and post them here. This will be it and I am done. Thanks for the input.

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
I do like that Dynaudio is still made in Europe whereas PSB now outsources to China. Regardless the Synchrony One is a truly great Speaker and the Bench Tests are quite impressive.

I personally love Dynaudio's Esotec Tweeters and alongside Focal's BE Tweeters, are my favorite Tweeters made. I really like that Dynaudio makes their own Drivers as well, but their Tweeters are truly special.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I went last night and placed an order for the Dynaudio's!
Can't wait now. Thanks for all of the info.I'll post some pics when I get everything set up

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am sure you will love the Focus' when you get them home and set up. As I indicated above, I love my 140's. I am hearing my music collection for what seems like the first time. My wife keeps shaking her head at the goofy grin on my face!

I am just about at the point of Nirvana with my 2 channel rig. Now I need to save for awhile for a nice turntable....VPI or Clearaudio methinks.

Enjoy your speakers when you get them...and don't forget you promised us pictures...we all love pictures!

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Hello,
Congratulations! I truly love Dynaudio and cannot be happier for you. I sometimes ponder switching from an all Electrostatic setup and only 3 Companies make me weak, Dynaudio, Thiel, and Focal.
Cheers,
JJ

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Been away for a few. Just doing some mods at home in the basement where my gear is. Have everything unhooked right now. When I am done,I'll snap a bunch of pics and post them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts