Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

81 - 100 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I would just hate to get the tube all put together and have to take it apart. I would have to somehow have to put a driver back in with the end cap glued to a 6' tube. also mine will have a bade plate of mdf and rescrewing it on might not be great...

I really have no way of knowing if its broken for a while.

·
Registered
76 Posts
No, all you have to do is unscrew the driver from the endcap and the disconnect the wire. I could take out the driver in seconds without messing with the endcaps and tubes.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Mine are coming with legs and a base plate... maybe I can order my amp and play the woofer at a lower volume in air to check for rattles. I just don't feel comfortable with how the rubber on the woofer looks, it's very uneven with one side pushed down.

Shipping in my area is horrible! everything sent here gets destroyed

·
Registered
38 Posts
Go low dude, get Transducers. Nothing competes with tactile. Transducers will run the 1-20 hz range, your sub can take it from there on up to 80 hz. It becomes rather unreal when listening to such a combo. When I watch War of the Worlds, you can feel, not hear, the machine coming up out of the ground. Of course, I have dual 15's which is important to have as well! Definately go with two subs, otherwise you will be able to 'localize' the bass during the movie. It becomes distracting when all the explosions are coming from some 'corner' or area of the room. You want to be immersed, a full participant, not just a viewer. A true test of a home theater is: do you get lost in the movie when it is playing? Does it 'pull' you in with audio/visual sensations?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Oh I forgot to mention...

When I had an HSU sub they suggested hooking it directly to the speaker wire for the mains as a way to test it. I guess since the power is lower it must be safe (130w max)

I'll try to get a picture but it will be nearly impossible to notice because of the color.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Running subs in free air is common practice to loosen up the suspension. As long as you don't get carried away it'll be fine.
Would it be a problem if the rubber surround, the last part of the actual woofer before the ring with the holes, was warped or does that go back into shape with use?

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #92
Wow... Both of them have dimples but one is much worse. I really don't know if I can order woofers online because shipping near me is horrible, everything gets ruined.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
The main problem is where the remote is pointing in the other woofer. That entire quarter of the woofer from 12 oclock to 3 is lower than the rest.

I have noticed that it has gotten slightly better since being out of the box but is still clearly there.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
If I test them how would I have them sit?

They are very bottom heavy and dont like to sit on their side like some smaller woofers do.

I am really hoping they are fine.

On another note, has anyone ever done a faux leather finish? I think if I can deal with the seam due to the height issue it might be worth it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just don't run them with high power because if something happens while they are in free air it voids the warranty. Just be careful.

81 - 100 of 122 Posts