121 - 122 of 122 Posts

· Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #121 ·
ITS ALIVE!!!

Guys this build is alive!

I have 2 issues to figure out:

1. is the hum I am getting?

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-subwoofers/21742-ep2500-ground-loop-volume-issues.html

2. How should I line them up?

At first I planned up/down firing connected in the middle with pl premium - very stable BUT would make working on them in the future or seperating them for moving very hard (impossible to separate actually).

Now I am trying to figure out:

Should I do them up/down? If so how to I connect them in a way that can be taken apart in the future?

Can I make the up/down firing BUUUT both firing into the center with their base plated connected with a bolt and washer? I was thinking them both would be off the floor, they would be separated by 11 inches and I could remove the bolt as needed. Would this cause any cancellation though?

· Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 ·
Here are picture of the challenge I an facing - The photos show the plywood MUCH clearer than it is in person because of the flash but it does not show how the do not sit flush to each other because of a gentle curve to each.

Would some form of rubber anti-fatigue or anti-vibration mat offset some of this and keep them from shifting over time?

Attachments

121 - 122 of 122 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.