Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I registered to say thanks so much for the post!

You just saved me $30!

I usually skip 3D movies, but was planning to take my family to the 3d version of Brave after hearing about Atmos. Now I know it will not be worth the extra cost, 2d it is. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Interesting article... It's always been a dream to be surrounded by speakers from every angle imaginable. Like just sitting in a HT or audio sphere/pod and and being totally submerged in 360 degree 3 dimensional sound.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the lower the frequency, the less "directional" a sound becomes, right? (i.e.- it's harder to localize a sub vs. a midrange or tweeter) If that is the case it seems like it would be semi realistic in a Home Theater environment given a person could implement cost friendly full range type speakers (don't hate me but think bose satellites or reasonable two way 5 1/2" midrange/tweet) to account for the majority if the channels...

Sounds like a fun project...

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Be sure to check out the revised version of this article at the source and why it had to be revisited...
I am so glad I saw this post... Please check the updated article... Atmos was not working the first time the reviewer saw the movie!

After reading the revised article I can't wait for The Hobbit to come out, which will probably be our first Atmos experience (I was thrilled to see that Toronto has one of the initial Atmos equipped theatres).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts