Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can pick this up used locally for $75. http://www.edesignaudio.com/product_info.php?t=2&products_id=36 Here are the specifications:

Qts: .36
Qes: .42
Qms: 3.0
Fs: 23.00Hz
Re: 7.0
Vas: 254L
Mms: 202.0g
Bl: 22.10T*m
SPL: 91dB
Sd: 872cm²
Xmax: 21.0mm
Voice Coil: 62.5mm

Would this subwoofer work well in a sonotube setup? Are there new subwoofers that can be had for under $150 that would work just as well? I was thinking about using an 18" sonotube with about 200l of volume tuned to 18hz or so.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for modeling that Mike. I have modeled it as well. This would be for 100% HT usage. I am not very familiar with other drivers out there, so my question is, would I be better off going with a new driver? Or is this 16Ov.2 at $75 a good deal?

I would be powering it with whatever I can find on the cheap, but I would obviously like something along the lines of a Behringer EP1500.

·
Registered
361 Posts
A buddy of mine got this driver when it was on special. I built a sealed box in his Toyota Tacoma extended cab and with a large amp he maxes out my spl meter on a lot of frequencies. Nice driver. Can get very loud. That with 500 watts would be good. It has thermal limits of somewhere around 800 watts rms I think, but I am probably wrong on that. All I can say is build it and you won't be disappointed. May want a bigger enclosure though. May be able to squeeze in a couple more hz at the bottom of the spectrum.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Am I correct in assuming that in order to prevent max cone excursion from occurring I will need to use a Behringer DSP 1124p or a similar device? What is the cheapest DSP out there that includes a high pass filter and will allow you to equalize your sub?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts