Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I have seen an electric sprayer recommended that was refurbished for like under $60 and I just can't find a thread or post on it. I can't for the life of me remember where I seen it. Anyone have an Idea? I know bunch of guys were starting to get them and liked it.

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
I know I have seen an electric sprayer recommended that was refurbished for like under $60 and I just can't find a thread or post on it. I can't for the life of me remember where I seen it. Anyone have an Idea? I know bunch of guys were starting to get them and liked it.
I believe you are thinking about gleempaint.com. Of the two sprayers listed here I would choose the HV2900 since parts are available for it as well as finer tip sizes. It is generally considered a better made unit than what Wagner puts out (but they work too). While Gleem calles it a "noname" sprayer it is really the Graco HV2900 HVLP sprayer that is really made by Earlex. Though it seems to be a discontinued model, Lowe's is still selling them for $119.00.

The head and needle (what atomizes the paint) on the 2900 is made of brass while on most Wagner HVLP sprayers it is made of plastic. With the 2900 you only have to hold the gun which is connected to a turbine blower via a large hose; with most Wagner HVLP units the blower is part of the gun (no hose) which adds quite a bit of weight.

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
OK, I see that the 2900 is out of stock now. However, I found a system that is supposed to use the same gun on ebay for $41.99 total. :dontknow:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only thing about these sprayers that i'm seeing is that they have a 2.0mm tip and a replacement tip is $25-30. Anyone getting away with spraying with the bigger 2.0mm tip that you know of?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They were in fact sold out for good at gleempaint but after searching forever I found another 2900 refurb on Uhaggled.com for $67.00 with free shipping!!

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
They were in fact sold out for good at gleempaint but after searching forever I found another 2900 refurb on Uhaggled.com for $67.00 with free shipping!!
Thanks for the info!

As for the 2.0 needle instead of a 1.5, I'm not sure it really makes all that much difference; but I haven't tried using a 2.0 yet (I have a 2900 unit still in the box). My air compressor powered HVLP gun has a 1.4 mm tip.

·
Moderator Emeritus
3,772 Posts
I sprayed the screen on saturday and it came out awesome. The texture is very very minimal.
Thanks for the report! I've always had a feeling that those that make a big deal out of using 1.5 mm or 1.0 mm tips instead of the 2.0 mm one don't know what they are doing and/or are spraying some weird mix.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts