Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a Sony vpl-hw45es projector and looking to build a new screen for it. Replaced a Optoma HD33. Current screen is a 92”, looking to slightly increase it to 96”. Also, since my current screen I made years ago has been getting more and more wrinkled over time as seen in the picture I plan to create a fixed wooden frame for this one. I had to adjust my iso on my camera to get close to the shade of gray of my current screen. I don’t recall the mix I used, I believe it might have been black widow but it was about six years ago and I don’t have the notes from then.
The projector is in reference eco mode that provides about 830 lumens (bulb is new), about 12ft from the screen in a light controlled room. I have one window covered by a blackout curtain and I have beige walls and white ceiling. I don’t use the projector except for movies and 3D on the weekends. I love the picture on the current screen and see no issues when watching movies, but when calibrating with WOW, even though I can get a perfect brightness setting lowering from 50 to 31, my contrast at max doesn’t come very close to the contrast standard on the disc.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I have the Behr #1050 tinted to the specs mentioned in the threads for N6 gray. Just got the Valspar Signature Ultra White Matte tinted with 115-0.67 and bought the Liquitex silver from Amazon which should arrive soon. I bought 2.5 yards of white blackout cloth from Joanne’s. Not sure yet if I will go for N8 or N8.5 yet. I’ll update more once I get everything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts