Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

Elemental Subwoofers

4K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  bone215 
#1 ·
Hi there,

I live in the Uk and currently own a SVS PC Ultra sub. I have been looking at the Elemental subs and Epik Conquest subs but there doesn't seem to any way of getting one of these to the UK. What are the subs in question like and how do I go about getting one to the Uk.

How do they compare with the ultra. The only niggle is my ultra chuffs badly under reasonable load. Really annoying.

Any ideas of cost.

cheers

Graham

Discussion starter · #4 ·
Mike,

Thanks for the reply. I have a SVS PC ultra and having teething problems with it. When you play it loud it chuffs all over the place and I noticed that the ports on the Elemental design subs are twice the size and surely that would mean alot less chance of chuffing.

cheers

Graham

Discussion starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for getting back to me. The biggest problem over here in the Uk is that there is not much on offer with regards to subs. SVS and Velodyne are pretty much it. Do you know how the Epik conquest compares with the SVS PC ultra. I re did my Aydessey yesterday and I still get chuffing from the ports. Its really annoying. I personally don't think 3.5" ports are big enough as the other subs like Elemental and Epik use much larger ports and more powerful amps.

Also some advice on shipping one of these babies to the UK would be great.

cheers

Graham

Discussion starter · #10 ·
Hi there,

I did have one port plugged but now I am running with no ports plugged. I set the sub gain on about 11 o'clock before I ran Aydessey and it then calculated the sub channel level at -15 after cal. It set the main speakers on -8.5.

When I ran the SPL meter they were all down on the levels. I had to raise the level on the speakers to -3.5 and the sub to -2 to get 75 db on the radio shack.

I noticed that Aydessey put the Dynamic EQ on so I turned this off as many people dont like Dynamic EQ.

Even with no ports plugged you can still hear the air noise at -20db on the onkyo 876. That is playing Bassotronics "i love you" track which is great for a bass test.

I am really struggling with the PC ultra.

Any advice would be great.

cheers

graham

Discussion starter · #12 ·
Mike,

That's the problem. Because of the exchange rate the Ultra's are now £1310 to buy. I paid £1060 a few months ago. I really don't have room for two subs but have room for a big box sub. I noticed that the elemental and epik subs have much larger ports so wouldn't the chuffing be alot less if none at all. The only problem I have is actually getting one shipped and the cost. Do you know what would be the cheapest way to get one and what are your opinions on both them subs in comparison to the svs. I was looking at the Epik conquest or elemental A7-700.

cheers

Graham

Discussion starter · #14 ·
Mike

Do you know where Epik are based. I need to find out what time it is out there at the moment. I have emailed them and am waiting for a response so it would be handy.

cheers

Graham

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.