Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I had almost forgot... we have two very nice projector screens compliments of Elite Screens to giveaway.

EZ Electric VMAX100UWH2 100" 16x9 and an R100WH1 Fixed Frame 100" 16x9

I am wondering how we should go about giving them away... any ideas?

EDIT: It is official... Qualification Thread

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
How about some sort of contest where members post photos of there theaters in need of a screen. and staff vote on who deserves them.

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
How about some sort of contest where members post photos of there theaters in need of a screen. and staff vote on who deserves them.
that's a great idea! :nerd:
(, I don't have a projector!)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I like the idea but how do you assess need? Won't most people just have a blank space where the screen should be?

·
Registered
203 Posts
From the website, VMax comes in Matte White or High Contrast Grey. EZlite is available in CineWhite (1.1 gain white), CineGray (1.0 gain gray) & PowerGain (1.8 gain white) with the option of regular or perforated acoustic material. I'm sure Sonnie will chime in with the specifics.

Either way, these both look like awesome screens. I'm going to check Elite out and see if I can get some samples.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Be creative Mike! ;) :bigsmile: Not "my truck's broke down and my dog was run over" creative either. :heehee:
How about the old...''My dog ate mine''..........Would that work....:bigsmile:

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am thinking it is CineWhite... I believe the W in the model number means white. When I got my fixed screen it had both white and grey... this one may have both in it too. I will check and see... and if not, and someone wants the cinegray, I will be happy to ship them mine. I will not be using it. It is a 2.35:1 125" and it should fit since it is a tad taller than the 16:9 100".

I think Tony has a great idea. The explanation would need to include why they prefer the fixed screen or the electric screen, so that we can vote on who gets what.

·
Premium Member
15,054 Posts
Do you want to start in this thread Sonnie?

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thanks for the info. Sonnie. I was thinking the W probably means white, but don't like to assume as I usually end up being wrong :)

As far as the giveaway... I would absolutely love to win either one of the screens. I really don't have a preference of fixed vs. electric. I think most people probably prefer the electric, so if I were to win one I would rather someone who really wants an electric get it. Times are tough for a lot of people these days, so I really don't want to get into my sob story. But in a nutshell, I've been using a cheap panel board screen I made for the last 4 years in my unfinished wide open basement. A couple months ago I decided it is time to build some walls down there and make a room. I'd planned on getting new L/C/R and a new screen for the room. However, my job is a long-term contract job and we were notified recently that they aren't renewing the contract. It may work out for the best and I may get hired on permanently, but the odds are just as good that I'll just get laid off. So, while a screen for a projector is not life or death and none of us really need one, I would be ridiculously excited if I won one in a contest. I have several pictures in my build thread.

I use a DIY projector, DIY sono subs, DIY screen, etc. It would be nice to have something in my theater that actually belongs in an HT, haha. Oh and to add to the sob story, I've been trying to sell my ED sub for a couple weeks to finance my screen/L,C,R purchases, but nobody wants it :(

edit: After thinking it over as far as electric vs. manual, I guess I do have a preference: whichever one has the highest gain (using a DIY projector and need as much help as I can get :))

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm planning to go with Scorpion N8 DIY 110" mdf frame (wrapped in black velvet) for my WIP basement (starting to prime my basement tonight). BUT...if I were given one of the 'free screens':

This would make my wife EXREMELY VERY, VERY HAPPY, as she HATES the idea of fixed/painted drywall in our basement. The basement is primarly for my 2 little ones. The reason I'm doing with DIY is to save few $$$ and it took me months (trust me) to convince her that it is great idea..... :hide: :praying: :jump:

and you guys probably know the formula...

WIFE HAPPY = YOU HAPPY * 2 :yay2:

Your screen would end up on this soon to be finished wall......

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
Good try.....:bigsmile: Welcome...........:wave:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts