Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi team,

If anyone is interested, here is my latest creation. It has a fairly high F3 = 40 Hz, however, it still produces audibly to 35 Hz or so. It's primary purpose is for low frequency extension for a pair of Bose L1 Compacts (F3 = 65 Hz). This project is to be featured on the Eminence website as the project of the month. Not sure when. Enjoy.

- Lee

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here you go. True RTA measurement at 1/24 octave. Note: I did not calibrate the microphone, so I have no idea how many watts relative to dB are being produced by this beast. The response is a relative curve.

The measurement was taken at 1 meter using a Sure Bata 58 (I know, not the nest) and a cutoff frequency of 100 Hz using my Paradigm Servo 15 active crossover (Butterworth slope--my new ART crossover uses a Linkwitz-Riley slope.)

It gives me an idea about response. I just used it for an outdoor show. I had a few musician friends in the audience, and they commented that they could hear and read notes in the bass range from 65 and 120 feet away--so, I guess I'm winning :).

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.