I am curious as to why someone would buy a pair of XPA-1's vs a pair of XPA-2's?
The XPA-1 retails at $999 while the XPA-2 retails at $799.
The XPA-2 offers 1000 watts bridged power and would be a total of $400 less money.
• Gain structure - 32db.
8 ohms = 500 WRMS
4 ohms = 1000 WRMS
Stable below 4 ohms
• Frequency response is 20 to 20Khz with less than 0.2db deviation.
• Broadband frequency response: 10 to 100Khz at +0db-3db.
• Signal to noise ratio at 1 watt: <89db and <117db referenced to full power output.
• THD at rated power for all impedance is 0.03% (referenced from 20 to 20Khz)
• True Differential Reference™
• Discrete front end.
• Fully balanced quad differential input stage.
• Darlington VAS stage with optimized C dominant pole.
• Ultra high current ON Semiconductor output stage with low output impedance.
• 24) On Semi-Conductor output devices.
• 1200VA transformer with 130,000uF of secondary capacitance.
• Input Impedance: 47K ohm
• External Trigger: 3-12 Volts DC (tip positive)
• DC Offset: <1mV
• Fully protected from all fault conditions
• External trigger input/output (3-12 Volts DC - tip positive)
• Soft touch power switch
• 4RU chassis w/solid milled aluminum faceplate
• IEC power inlet, 120/230 VAC configurable
• Laser etched serial number on faceplate.
• HIgh resolution LED metering (defeatable).
• 17” W x 7.75” H x 19.5” D (depth is measured from front faceplate to end of protective rear panel rubber pieces)
• 250 watts RMS x 2 into 8 ohms / 500 watts RMS x 2 into 4 ohms
• Amplifier Class: Short signal path A/B
• Output design: Triple Darlington with ON semiconductor output stages
• Differential Drive: Dual Differential input
• Types of inputs: Both Balanced (XLR) and Un-balanced (RCA)
• Type of outputs: Audiophile quality 5 way binding post
• Display type: Digital VU meters
• Metering: 14) Blue LEDS and 1) red per channel
• Power output: 250 watts RMS/ channel into 8 ohms, 500 watts RMS/ channel into 4 ohms and 1,000 watts RMS bridged.
• THD+N at rated power output: 0.007%
• S/N ratio: >100db
• Frequency response: 10 to 120Khz (-3db) and 20 to 20 (with less than .15db deviation)
• Gain structure: 32db
• Transformer size: 1200VA mounted in a reinforced steel super structure
• Secondary capacitance: 54,000uF
• Massive aluminum heat sinks running the length of the amp ensure cool operation and amp longevity
• Weight: Approximately 75 pounds
• Raw Weight: 75.4lbs/ 34.2kg
• Shipping Weight: 88.6lbs / 40.2kg
• Dimensions: 17” W x 7.75” H x 19” D (432mm W x 197mm H x 483mm D)
* Specifications subject to change without notice.
Glass epoxy pc boards, 1% resistors, metal film capacitors, soft start circuitry (does not have a current spike on start up), dual stage rectifiers and secondary capacitance.
Compartmentalized design for greater isolation from noise. The transformer is mounted in it's own substructure. The amplfiier channels are all fully shielded, and the unit has switches for turning the metering and/or status LEDs on or off. The amplifier also features automatic voltage selection.