Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
19,397 Posts
1. Is sealed the best at meeting my requirements? If not, why not?
Not in a room that size with the box size limitations that you have. A ported sub would have more LFE and SPL then a sealed sub. The down firing cabinet would have a net volume of 5.2 cu.ft in a ported configuration. A Shiva-X in that size cabinet tuned to 19 hz with two 4 inch ports 33 inches long would give you the most output for the money. If you want to go sealed, you can expect a lot less low end output.

Is a eu2500 enough?
If you mean the EP2500 from Behringer, then yes, for most applications. Note that depending on what sub you choose and what cabinet type, you may also need a High Pass Filter.

· Premium Member
19,397 Posts
I'm going to humbly disagree slightly here Mike.:sweat: It depends on what kind of a budget Warrant has to work with. IMO...More money than space = sealed. More space than money= ported.

Limited money + limited space = < :hsd:
And I have to agree with you. His #4 point was cost, I took that to mean "keep the price down", and, as you did, I should have asked what his budget was first. My bad. :whistling:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.