Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to avaserfi and NEO Dan, we have created several enclosure volume calculators for your use in helping you build your subwoofer enclosures. Accurate calculation of enclosure volume is essential in designing a properly functioning subwoofer. These calculators will calculate the volume for square, rectangular, triangular, trapezoidal and cylinder tube subwoofer enclosures, sealed or ported, including driver volume, bracing volume and port volume displacement. I have always found these handy and used them at various other sites... I am glad we have our very own now, customized for us.

We will happy to entertain improvements... please let us know what we can do. Within reason, we will certainly try.

Enclosure Volume Calculators (EVC)

Sample images:

·
Premium Member
1,941 Posts
Great Job!! :clap:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Sonnie, is there a link missing leading to a port tuning calculator?
(given enclosure volume, given port diameter and length - solve for tuning frequency?)

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have asked about this previously... as to why we do not have it. I can't remember now what I was told, but I see no reason we cannot fix one up. I know it can be calculated in WinISD, but we should able to provide a simple calculator for convenience sake.

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We got Liters in there... :huh:

I do not have a problem offering a full metric page if we can find someone to develop it for us.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm not great at Javascript, but am prepared to donate my Visual basic routines to convert from metric to imperial and back again (as used in boxnotes) if they would be of any help

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I will be happy to add any code to the page that will help... but that is about the extent of what I can do.

I guess we would have the first and only calculator that does metric, since all of the others I have seen do not include it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
This will be very useful to me. I'm thinking of trying to build a couple of cylinder style boxes for my 2 MAW-10's. Thank you.

·
Elite Shackster
7,142 Posts
I'm not great at Javascript, but am prepared to donate my Visual basic routines to convert from metric to imperial and back again (as used in boxnotes) if they would be of any help
I would find box dimension in metric very useful. I always have to do the conversions when calculating volumes, which is a bit of a bind.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Thanks for providing such an awesome tool, it sure saved me tons of time from doing it the old school way i use to do it, calculater, pen, and paper...........oh and lots of headachs :unbelievable:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts