Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I joined this forum to get help and insight on how to build speakers. I have a vast number of organ speakers which make great stereo speakers with some modifications. Ok the thing is I am looking for plans on an end table subwoofer. Please help me. Thanks so much

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
I joined this forum to get help and insight on how to build speakers. I have a vast number of organ speakers which make great stereo speakers with some modifications. Ok the thing is I am looking for plans on an end table subwoofer. Please help me. Thanks so much
Hi scoobydoo6v92, and welcome to the Shack, you certainly found the right place :T

Are you looking at building your own subwoofer or buying as there is also a DIY Subwoofers section and also what is your budget?

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
Welcome. Have fun. Dennis

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
ScoobyDoo, post a thread over in the appropriate DIYSubwoofer section and we'd be happy to help get you going. Let us know what your budget is and what needs your subwoofer must fulfill and we can help guide you through the process. :bigsmile:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry about posting this in the wrong section I realized this too late. Anyways yes I love the site you linked me too. That is what I would like. I am thinking of another idea but I posted it and it was lost. Anyways someone asked me what the specs are on these organ speakers? I don't know i am not a tech guy (yet) but some are open back. My Allen speakers have jensen drivers and crossovers. Jensen horns. These were built in the 60s has a real warm sound. they are driven by tube amps with the 6550 out pt tubes each amp is a mono amp. My baldwin tone cabinets or speakers have tube amps with three channels and the frequency divisions are done by the organ and so there are no crossovers in the cabinet. So I have to modify the baldwin tone cabinets and they resemble a console stereo or the old Bose speakers that have the cloth around three sides. but much much bigger. I have a pair of Altec A7s that I really like with a Fisher 800. But I want to play around with the organ speakers just for fun. Over the years I got them from churches that bought new organs so the speakers were no longer needed so I took them instead of letting them in the landfill. So I don't know how good they will sound all I know is that they have enough bass and low end bass to fill a church.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts