Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
looking for help with this set up ,i have EP4000 driving single 12' Dayton Audio Ultimax DVC Subwoofers wire for 4 ohm in seal box for one month and suddenly CLIP light turn on all the time and no sound if i disconnect sub to EP CLIP light goes away .called Behringer and send it for service 2 weeks later got email from repair center that there's no issue with your EP 4000 and been told that i can't use EP 4000 with one SUBwoofer need two SUB wire in serie to work .this don't make any sense .
I try all combination with the dip switch still no go anyone with EP4000 that can help me with this i'm going bunker with this please.

CONNECTION
------------------
AV Sub preout to Rolls ( BUMP BOX )----->DSP1124P ------->EP4000 ( CH1 )

Mode Switches
1.Right
2. Left
3. Left
4. Right
5. Right
6. Right
7. Right
8. Left
9. Left
10. Right

Thanks
Leon :help:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I am currently using a EP2500 and mine does the same thing unless I>
1. Make sure the sub is not connected
2. Turn on amp and make sure clip light is not red
3. Connect speaker leads.
After this start-up process it works just fine for hours (or days if i forget to turn it off). I Bought the amp used 5 months ago and it is still going but it WILL NOT work if I turn the amp on with the sub connected to it. I'm cornfused but just glad my $50 amp even works lol. I am also using a 4-ohm bridged load.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I had the same problem with my old EP-2500 and I sent it in to Behringer for repair under warranty, They called me a week or so later and told me they were just replacing it with a 4000. That being said I have the dip switches set for 4 ohm bridged and they are set like this. RRRLLRRRRR The dip switches were marked wrong in the manual and they didn't correct that when the 4000 came out to replace the 2500.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
That is not the way he has his switches though. I don't remember if it was the manual that was wrong or the silkscreen on the back that was wrong so if you have this amp and it has the correct directions then they fixed the error.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I changed it to the way you have it and it seems that I get extension to below 25hz finally! Seems like I have to turn the gain higher than before to get the same output??? Other than that I think it fixed me up.

·
Premium Member
3,374 Posts
I changed it to the way you have it and it seems that I get extension to below 25hz finally! Seems like I have to turn the gain higher than before to get the same output??? Other than that I think it fixed me up.
Glad to hear it is working better. :T

1 - 8 of 8 Posts