Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
22,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[img]http://www.hometheatershack.com/images/dual-legends.gif[/img]

Epik Subwoofers is now offering the NEW Epik Legend Subwoofer!

The Legend subwoofer is a sealed subwoofer with dual 12" drivers. Following in the footsteps of their wildly successful Empire subwoofer is this new Legend subwoofer, which takes all of the technology and performance that the Empire provides, and fits it into a smaller package. This dual 12" sealed subwoofer with 300w RMS amplifier allows you to fit great bass into your home without a huge price tag or a large cabinet.

To place your order or learn more, visit http://www.epiksubwoofers.com/legend.html

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
Re: Epik Subwoofers is now taking pre-orders for the NEW Epik Legend Subwoofer!

Looks to be a great sub Sonnie and with in room extension figures a formidable option at great pricing :T

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Dual legends for $899, that means I could have quad legends for $1,800, these prices makes me question my DIY sub obsession:scratch:

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
That is one nice looking sub and must be well built weighing in at 80lbs, i really like the price at $899 for 2, What a deal!:T

·
Banned
4,015 Posts
I just wish I had a dedicated room for Home Cinema cause then I could try 4 of these subs seeing that they are at such a good price :T

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
I just wish I had a dedicated room for Home Cinema cause then I could try 4 of these subs seeing that they are at such a good price :T
I wish I could find a home with a dedicated home theater room for as good a deal as these subs:hissyfit:

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
I'm starting to consider them just for the price, What a steal.:T Who ever said you can have too many subs (besides the wife). LOL!

·
Registered
37 Posts
2 of these or One Empire?
My room currently has a monolith in?
OR a PB12 ultra?
There is many a discussion on your question on AVS, and probably here! The argument is one Empire has 30" of woofer, where 2 Legends would have 48" of woofer. I think I said that right!:huh: I'm just trying to figure out how if my Paradigm PS1200 (10+yrs old) can shake me, what would a Legend or HSU VTF-3 MK2 do in my setup?!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm getting two, but the shipping cost is killer.

Where can I get a coupon code? Email me if you've got one...

Also, what types of cables are needed to connect two of these subs to an Onkyo TX-NR708?

Thanks!
-Matt

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
There is many a discussion on your question on AVS, and probably here! The argument is one Empire has 30" of woofer, where 2 Legends would have 48" of woofer. I think I said that right!:huh: I'm just trying to figure out how if my Paradigm PS1200 (10+yrs old) can shake me, what would a Legend or HSU VTF-3 MK2 do in my setup?!
It doesn't work out like you would think. A pair of 12" drivers have about the same cone area as a single 18". A pair of 15" drivers are about equal to a single 21" driver.

These are rough estimates of course, but the rule of thumb is that it takes 2 drivers to equal one driver that's 2 sizes bigger. :nerd:

·
Registered
12 Posts
There are no coupons I'm aware of, but the value seems right for the cost. As for the cable connection, you would just need two rca cables, one to each sw since your AVR is 7.2 (the .2 gives you two subwoofer outputs) so no need for a splitter.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I just don't see where the excitement is coming from. Their website shows no measurements at all. The enclosure is very small for a dual 12. Low end response is likely anemic as a result. There'd have to be a lot of eq down low and they don't have the amplifier power for that.

I dunno, maybe just me...:huh:

·
Registered
1,060 Posts

The magenta is the MFW-15 and the green is the Epik Legend.
Further tests resulted in the Legend providing +/-3dB from 16hz-80hz.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts