Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I'm new to the forum and read some of the stickies on DIY screens. I would like some recommendations on a 114" screen. Epson home cinema 2000 Projector is 12 ft from screen. Room is in basement / light controlled. Ceiling will be flat black and walls a dark grey I'm thinking. Would I need a n8 or n9 screen? Any suggested wall paint as well? Is it ok to have a lighter tan carpet or better with a dark color?

Thanks!

·
Banned
14,914 Posts
I would go with a N8. I haven't read the reviews on the 2000 but if it's like most of the cost conscious line of projectors, it won't have the greatest blacks. The N8 will help compensate for that and you have enough lumens to go with a gray.

Hope this helps and welcome to HTS!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great thanks. I was going to go with Sherwin Williams Home duration in Matte. Is this still a good paint choice? From what i read "Unique Grey" is N8 and "Ice Cube" is N9? is that still accurate?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi - I'm new to the forum and read some of the stickies on DIY screens. I would like some recommendations on a 114" screen. Epson home cinema 2000 Projector is 12 ft from screen. Room is in basement / light controlled. Ceiling will be flat black and walls a dark grey I'm thinking. Would I need a n8 or n9 screen? Any suggested wall paint as well? Is it ok to have a lighter tan carpet or better with a dark color?

Thanks!
Just got my Epson 2000 and the power button does not work, but the remote turns it on...Is there a setting that controls this function, or is something wrong with it?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts