·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
5,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes... It looks like a bargain Projector to me. I was so tempted, but my wife would most likely divorce me if I were to buy a 2nd projector..

·
Registered
26 Posts
I love how this projector looks, however, there are a few quirks. The only way to get online is to hook it up to a laptop or a wifi-enabled DVD player. We tried the DVD player first, but the ones we found only used apps to go online, and we wanted full internet functionality. Also, it can be quirky in terms of cables. For instance, I can't play newer DVDs from my laptop--old ones seem fine--if I use the HDMI cable, but I can if I use the pronged cable. It seems to be a "permission" issue, like the DVD knows I'm "projecting" and that's not an approved use or something. Also, I wish there was a way to mirror or plug in your apple devices and just stream. This unit only had the old, wider input for the iPhone/iPad and will only play videos/photos from those devices (no mirroring.)

However, on the PROJECTION front, the color and image are magnificent and the built-in speakers are great. It's a mixed bag, but I got it for an excellent price. I do with the speakers were adjustable. Sound is great when projector is in front of you but not ideal when it's behind you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I love how this projector looks, however, there are a few quirks. The only way to get online is to hook it up to a laptop or a wifi-enabled DVD player. We tried the DVD player first, but the ones we found only used apps to go online, and we wanted full internet functionality. Also, it can be quirky in terms of cables. For instance, I can't play newer DVDs from my laptop--old ones seem fine--if I use the HDMI cable, but I can if I use the pronged cable. It seems to be a "permission" issue, like the DVD knows I'm "projecting" and that's not an approved use or something. Also, I wish there was a way to mirror or plug in your apple devices and just stream. This unit only had the old, wider input for the iPhone/iPad and will only play videos/photos from those devices (no mirroring.)

However, on the PROJECTION front, the color and image are magnificent and the built-in speakers are great. It's a mixed bag, but I got it for an excellent price. I do with the speakers were adjustable. Sound is great when projector is in front of you but not ideal when it's behind you.

Pnr Status TextNow VPN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts