Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my final measurements! Keep in mind, my PEQ is incapable of touching anything from 200hz to 1109hz... Which kinda stinks. Next, I guess I can try and learn about chasing waterfalls, but I might stick to the rivers and the lakes like I'm used too... ::FACEPALM:: I think I'm happy, but with EQ, it's never perfect.

Let me know if I'm waaaaay off... does it look like I need panels or any bass traps? 1/6 smoothing, no smoothing on the sub... Rolled off all channels starting at 4000, hope that was a good idea, maybe not.

You guys have made this daunting experience less daunting, I'd buy you all a beer if I didn't spend every penny on audio stuff.

allmar14.jpg

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
fixed the light blue, I had applied negative gains for whatever reason ?!?

As for the subs curve, I used the exact settings in your hard-knee house curve post. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know how to create my own... Should I stick with the default, or did I miss something important? I thought it was a bit lacking. Any suggested curves? Is it my crossovers? Sub (SVS PB12-NSD) is crossed at 80Hz, mains (revel f12 floorstanders) at 60..

My room is 14 feet by 18 feet approx, its divided by a wall divider (plastic). Carpeted floor, drop ceiling. ugg ugg audio man cave beside woman sewing cave.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fixed. Had two neg gains on fr fl channels. Sub fixed too, my initial measurement was 0 to 100 Hz, my sub was crossed at 80hz. Looks a bit better now. Crossed the sub at 120, measured 0 to 200... MUCH BETTER. Looks better? Sure sounds better.

allmar14corrected.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts