Home Theater Forum and Systems banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi for some reason the EQ tabs right pane

1. Have to hover over Equalizer, target settings, filter tasks etc to highlight what they are.

2. Under "Target Settings" (at the bottom) "Set Target Level" doesn't highlight even when i hover over, but does work when pressed, same with some of the other settings in the EQ tab/pane. Other tabs seem to be ok.

The laptop is Vista.

Please find attached a PDF.

View attachment REW EQ Tab.pdf

Thanks in advance

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Have you changed the Windows style or colour scheme recently? The controls may be picking up a default foreground colour that makes them look disabled.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you changed the Windows style or colour scheme recently? The controls may be picking up a default foreground colour that makes them look disabled.
Hi John i ran a program through it.

Where about's in Vista would i find the correction/s.

Thank you

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In the Control Panel under Appearance and Personalization -> Personalization
Hi John

I can find the Personalization (in Control Panel, no Appearance) but can't seem to find the adjustment, must be missing something.

Please can you help?

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Try using the "Change the theme" or "Change the colour scheme" entries in Personalization, or try making changes with the program you originally used to change the style.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Try using the "Change the theme" or "Change the colour scheme" entries in Personalization, or try making changes with the program you originally used to change the style.

Hi John thank you, the program was automatic. It didn't change the desktop background.

Nothing has changed other than EQ tab, and also other programs etc i have. Is it the colour scheme that REW uses?

·
Premium Member
1,400 Posts
Hi

Phillips said:
Hi John i ran a program through it. <snip>
Hi John thank you, the program was automatic. <snip>
<snip>Nothing has changed other than EQ tab, and also other programs etc i have.,<snip>
Really now, how can people help you if you don't bother to mention the name of the "automatic" program that you admit was run on your machine, which then resulted in messing up some colors in REW ?

If it ( the automatic program ) was Java ( auto updating itself ) , then your computer is quite likely displaying a compatibility issue between the "new" Java and the "old" driver belonging to your computers graphics card .

In that case, you can always go back to an older version of Java ( such as Java 6, update 35, which I run ) or try updating the driver software for your graphics card ( if an update is actually available ) or wait for another update from Java ( that may or may not fix the problem ) .

If you are indeed running Java 7, then consider uninstalling 7 and re-installing Java 6 ( build 35 ) / available here :

• First ( before installing ), use windows "Add or Remove Programs" ( found within the control panel ) to uninstall your version of Java 7 .
    - Then install "6" from either of the two choices presented in my link ( "online install", or "offline install" ) .
  • If running Java 6 fixes the display problem ( as seen in REW ) then turn off Java's automatic update feature ( found in the Java control panel ) and just use Java 6 .
    - You can always try a newer version of Java 7 ( say in 6 months ) to see if Oracle/Java have fixed their problem ( if indeed they were the source of the problem ) .
  • If the display problem (within REW) doesn't get fixed , then allow Java 6 to automatically update itself back to 7 ( to get your computer back to where it is presently ) .

EarlK

PS : Some reading material for you ( click the pics ) ;

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi

Really now, how can people help you if you don't bother to mention the name of the "automatic" program that you admit was run on your machine, which then resulted in messing up some colors in REW ?

If it ( the automatic program ) was Java ( auto updating itself ) , then your computer is quite likely displaying a compatibility issue between the "new" Java and the "old" driver belonging to your computers graphics card .

In that case, you can always go back to an older version of Java ( such as Java 6, update 35, which I run ) or try updating the driver software for your graphics card ( if an update is actually available ) or wait for another update from Java ( that may or may not fix the problem ) .

If you are indeed running Java 7, then consider uninstalling 7 and re-installing Java 6 ( build 35 ) / available here :

• First ( before installing ), use windows "Add or Remove Programs" ( found within the control panel ) to uninstall your version of Java 7 .
    - Then install "6" from either of the two choices presented in my link ( "online install", or "offline install" ) .
  • If running Java 6 fixes the display problem ( as seen in REW ) then turn off Java's automatic update feature ( found in the Java control panel ) and just use Java 6 .
    - You can always try a newer version of Java 7 ( say in 6 months ) to see if Oracle/Java have fixed their problem ( if indeed they were the source of the problem ) .
  • If the display problem (within REW) doesn't get fixed , then allow Java 6 to automatically update itself back to 7 ( to get your computer back to where it is presently ) .

EarlK

PS : Some reading material for you ( click the pics ) ;

Hi EarlK thank you, the program was System Tweaker that repairs windows.

Java version 6 is loaded.

I will check out the reading material.

I changed a setting in the colour scheme originally didn't work but seems that once i restarted the laptop the labels has appeared.

Thanks again

1 - 9 of 9 Posts