Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm trying to use an M-Audio USB Transit sound card with REW V5 and Win7 and get the following message:

"Output device error Message:
javax.sound.sampled.LineUnavailableException: S/PDIF (2- M-Audio Transit) has no lines available supporting PCM_SIGNED 44100.0 Hz, 16 bit, stereo, 4 bytes/frame, little-endian
Level:
SEVERE
Stack Trace:
S/PDIF (2- M-Audio Transit) has no lines available supporting PCM_SIGNED 44100.0 Hz, 16 bit, stereo, 4 bytes/frame, little-endian
roomeqwizard.dB.E(Unknown Source)
roomeqwizard.Q.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.JComboBox.fireActionEvent(Unknown Source)
javax.swing.JComboBox.setSelectedItem(Unknown Source)
roomeqwizard.dB.A(Unknown Source)
............... (there is more of a similar nature)"

It seems to imply that the TRANSIT can't be used. However a number of years ago I used the TRANSIT with REW V4 and win XP and it worked fine. Am I doing something wrong???

In the Control Panel, "Manage Audio Devices", Recording, I see signal if I put music into the TRANSIT.

I'd like to use the TRANSIT if possible as it is very compact and worked fine in the past including on SOUNDEASY w XP. As far as I know, I am using the latest driver. The TRANSIT has been out of production for years.

Thanks for the help!!!

John

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Looks like you are using the S/PDIF input, so first question would be is it operating at 44.1kHz? If it is running at 48kHz then use that sample rate in REW. You could also try using the ASIO drivers (requires the REW V5.01 beta version).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spent some time playing around. First found a later Beta Driver and installed and it worked but had relatively poor response. So put the TRANSIT on my XP Desktop w REW V4.1 and it looked great.

Then w the comment on sample rate, discovered that they were not compatable. Well, when I changed in REW I got the old error message and it wouldn't work!!! So put everything back and reloaded the Transit driver and it worked again. So I corrected the sample rate reloaded the driver again and now it worked with good response!! Checked it on the other sample rate (reloading the driver of course) and it worked great.

So for some reason, changing sample rate in REW does something with driver comunication-NOTE :John M
These experiments suggest that I may have been able to reinstall the orig driver and got it working.

Now, I may be able to come up with a procedure where I remove the Transit befor making a sample rate change and avoid the need to reinstall.

Thanks for the help.

John

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
USB TRANSIT sound card

By the way, other than being very compact, another nice feature of the TRANSIT is that it supplies a 5V bias for the Panisonic Electrets. It also has a 4 position preamp gain (however it doesn't seem to be working on my Win 7 Laptop - need to check it out better-it worked on my old XP laptop).

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.