Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

What is the source of this Group Delay issue? How can I fix this? I do not understand it...

Please help. I've moved the speakers around and the more I move them the worse the picture gets.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Peaks in excess group delay are a feature of rooms, the only place you won't find them is anechoic chambers. They are typically found where the main signal and one of more reflections from the room's surfaces combine and reduce the level. Probably best paying most attention to the frequency response plot and adjusting speaker/sub position, listening position, crossover frequency and sub delay to get the best overall response.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could the lack of symmetry of the room's doors, windows, and furniture cause this? This analysis comes from my left speaker. The right speaker does not have that huge dip. I've tried moving my speaker in its left side of the room but to no avail...

I do not have a sub. My Yamaha HS7's crossover is at 2kHz...

Can this be remedied with more absorption (reflection points/corners)?

This analysis was made by pointing my mic directly at the left speaker... I can CLEARLY hear the phase shift when the sweep passes that frequency range... Would a combined left+right signal remedy this?

Regards,
B

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
What you are hearing is most likely the drop in level rather than any phase shift. If the room layout is not symmetric then the measurements will be different from left to right. What to do depends on your room layout and how much scope you have for moving things around, try posting a sketch of the room in the Home Audio Acoustics forum to get suggestions about what steps to take.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts