Home Theater Forum and Systems banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just looked at the YouTube's on DIY automated screen masking:

I would like to know if anyone has done anything similar that they can share? I'm looking at working on DIY acoustic room treatment project and will be initially focusing on the front wall for the biggest improvement and this would be nice to incorporate into my build. I have a Carada Precision Series 142" 1.78 fixed screen and I would like to make a horizontal masking system as well.

Thanks for your time responding! :D

David

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Response from Beamax on a parts list:

"Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately we don't have the DIY kits anymore. The video's you saw were from the former owner of Beamax but we don't have the possibility to delete the video's from Youtube. As much as I'd like to help you out, I can't really help you to get instructions and a 'parts list' to build it like in the video's. I can only advise to try to get parts from a local company that builds/installs shutter and blinding systems."

Looks like I'm going to have to look elsewhere. :scratch:

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Bummer. How about a couple of electric actuators on drawer sliders at the top and bottom to hold the masking panel? You could switch to open or close these with Insteon outlets and use your phone to run iRule as the control.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bummer. How about a couple of electric actuators on drawer sliders at the top and bottom to hold the masking panel? You could switch to open or close these with Insteon outlets and use your phone to run iRule as the control.
Thanks for the response back but I have located (hopefully) a guide to making this happen using automated window controllers. I'm in the design phase at the moment and once I get it going I'll generate a DIY guide for others to consider. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts